Naltrexone - opioid receptors specific antagonist.
At the recommended doses Naltrexone does not affect the work that requires quick reaction and to drive motor vehicles.
Pharmacological action:Naltrexone competitive binds to the opioid receptors of all types and prevents or eliminates the action of endogenous opioids, exogenous opioids, narcotic analgesics and their surrogates.
- Opioid addiction - in order to maintain the patient condition in which opioids can not have the characteristic action (in the complex therapy). The drug is prescribed only after the relief of withdrawal symptoms.
Application of Antakson begin in 7-10 days after the last dose of the opioid drug. In the future, the patient should be under strict medical supervision. The patient must be a positive setting for the treatment of drug addiction.
- Alcoholism (in the complex therapy), including in the maintenance treatment at the same doses as in heroin addiction on the background of psychotherapy.
ContraindicationsHypersensitivity to the drug naltrexone in history; use of narcotic analgesics or positive analysis on the content in the urine of opioids; acute hepatitis or liver failure; age younger than 18 years (safety have not been established); pregnancy, breastfeeding.
Dosing and Administration
Treatment of heroin addictionThe phase of the introduction of a course of Antaxon therapy
Treatment can be started no earlier than 7-10 days after the last dose of the opioid analgesic, and in the absence of signs of withdrawal syndrome. Abstinence from drug use is determined by the results of the analysis of urine for opioids.The treatment does not begin until before the provocative test with the intravenous administration of 0.5 mg naloxone does not become negative. Naloxone trial is not conducted in patients with signs of abstinence syndrome or opioid detected in the urine. Re-naloxone sample can be carried out after 24 hours.
First dose of Antaxon is usually 20 mg as a solution. If during an hour there are not any withdrawal symptoms - the rest (30 mg) of daily doses is taken.
Supportive Antaxon therapy
Antaxon is taken 50 mg every 24 hours (this dose is sufficient to prevent the actions administration of of heroin in a dose of 25 mg).
It is possible to use other treatment regimens:
- 50 mg daily for the first 5 days of the week and 100 mg Saturday.
- 100 mg every 2 days or 150 mg every 3 days.
- 100 mg, Monday, Tuesday, 100 mg and 150 mg Friday. This scheme is convenient for patients with intention to a long deprivation of opioids.
Treatment of alcoholism50 mg every day , the minimum course - 3 months.
The treatment does not begin until the until the naloxone test completed to prevent opioid's presence in the body.
You are about to buy original Antaxon (Naltrexone) by Zambon that may be labeled in Russian and provided with instructions in Russian.
If you need instructions in English - please add a notice to the order form
50mg x 10 capsules
- Brand: Zambon
- Availability: In Stock